- Free phone consultations
- Diagnostic screenings
- Speech and language evaluations for children, to assess receptive language (comprehension) and expressive language, articulation, and oral-motor skills
- Speech evaluations – for articulation and stuttering
Children and adults are treated for the following communication problems:
- Articulation and Phonological Disorders
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Receptive and Expressive Language Impairment
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Writing Skills Problems
- Word Finding Difficulty
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Hyperlexia (precocious reading, and social skills problems)
- Other Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Pragmatic (Social Language) Problems
- Oral-Motor Impairment
- Stuttering and Other Fluency Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Hearing Impairment
I make appropriate referrals to other professionals and agencies as needed.
I work with clients who have a variety of payment situations. Many of my clients have private health insurance. I provide bills and diagnostic coding information, to help them submit the claims for reimbursement from their insurance companies. I also see pre-school and school-age children through the CPSE and CSE of the Department of Education. In addition, I see young children through the Early Intervention Program.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 to 6:30, by appointment.
Occasional weekend and evening hours are also available.
Susan Mason, M.S., CCC-SLP
Phone: (212) 691-1806